FOI & Environmental Information
The Freedom of Information (FoI) Act and the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) give you a right of access to information held by public bodies, including the Council, unless it is subject to any of the exemptions contained in the legislation.
The Act also requires the Council to produce a publication scheme. The scheme provides details of the information proactively published by the Council.
Before making a request for information view:
If you cannot find the information you are looking for in the Publication Scheme, or under the Frequently requested FOIs, and would like to make an FoI request, then either:
- complete the online form or
- write to The Legal Department, Forest of Dean District Council, Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 8HG
We will normally respond to your request in full within 20 working days. However, it may take longer if we're unsure what information is required, or if we apply any charges. In some cases we may not supply information because it is covered by an exemption under the legislation.
Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)
The EIRs cover a wide variety of environmental information including:
- Raw data on subjects such as air and water quality levels, industrial discharge rates, soil quality and biodiversity
- Regulatory measures affecting the environment, including policies, plans, programmes and agreements
- Reports on the implementation of environmental legislation
- Economic analyses, including cost benefit analysis on regulatory measures
- Health and safety information, for example about food and land contamination and quality of life
Freedom of Information (FOI) & Environmental Information charges
If the cost of complying with your request would exceed the cost limit referred to in the legislation (currently £450), then the Council will only supply the information upon receipt of payment for the total costs incurred in complying with your request.
The Council does not currently charge for disbursements