Whether you are a landlord or tenant we can provide advice and assistance to help ensure that your rented property meets the correct standards to ensure that it is safe, well maintained and a healthy place to live. Please also see the Housing Options page.
A selection of Advice and Information Leaflets are listed below, which the Government has produced for tenants and landlords.
- Assured and assured shorthold tenancies – a guide for tenants
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme - Advice for Tenants
- Renting rooms in someone’s home: a guide for people renting from resident landlords
- Regulated tenancies
- Notice that you must leave – a brief guide for landlords and tenants
- My landlord wants me out – protection against harassment and illegal eviction
The Department for Communities and Local Government website has a range of leaflets that can be downloaded.
Housing Association Tenants - if you are a tenant of a Registered Provider of Social Housing and you are experiencing problems please contact your landlord direct - see Housing Association page for contact details for individual associations.
Private Rented Tenants - if you are a private tenant you and your landlord have certain obligations to meet. Your private rented property also needs to meet health and safety standards. For more information see Housing Standards page
The Housing Options Team can be contacted on 01594 810000 or by email