Private sector landlords play an essential role in providing accommodation in the Forest of Dean. Working with landlords, Forest of Dean District Council aims to encourage their investment in the sector to improve the quality, safety and accessibility of rented property for all client groups.
Advice and Information
The type of help we can offer includes:
· Finding tenants
· Landlord/tenant disputes
· Housing Standards and conditions
· Repairs and Maintenance
· Empty Properties and advice on bringing them back into use
A selection of Advice and Information Leaflets are listed below, which the Government has produced for landlords.
The Housing Act 2004 introduced a new assessment method that focuses on hazards that are present in housing. It applies to both rented and owner occupied properties. More information can be found at HHSRS
Alternatively please contact the Private Sector Housing Team on 01594 812424 or for further information see Housing Standards
Landlords Forum - The Forest of Dean District Council organises regular Landlords’ Forum, which consists of private landlords, registered providers of social housing (e.g. housing associations) and council officers. The aim of the forum is to provide the opportunity for representatives of the district council, private sector landlords, housing associations and other interested parties to meet on a regular basis to exchange ideas and discuss common issues to improve and maximise the contribution of private rented accommodation to meet housing needs in the area.
Fit to Rent is a new scheme in Gloucestershire being co-ordinated by the six district Council's. It is a voluntary and free service for landlords in the county which recognises good quality, well managed private lettings. The scheme aims to encourage good practice in the private rented market by giving approval to properties that meet required standards and a management code of practice.
Fit to Rent Rewards and Benefits
Fit to Rent rewards landlords by offering financial benefits and giving landlords the recognition needed to excel in the lettings market.
- A badge of quality and professionalism in the Gloucestershire lettings market
- Grants up to £5,000 for energy efficiency and low interest loans*
- Accredited property and landlords recognised and listed on the county website
- Use of Fit to Rent logo on your documentation and tenancy agreement
- Access to Council's Bond and Rent Deposit Schemes*
- Free regular newsletter, advice and information
- A range of offers and discounts as listed on the Fit to Rent website.
* Grant, loans and bond or deposit schemes will be subject to local policy and the availability of funds.
For application forms and more information visit the FIT TO RENT website http://www.cotswold.gov.uk/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=13143&tt=cotswold or call the Private Sector Housing Team 01594 812424.
USEFUL INFORMATION AND GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS
For more informtion please contact us on 01594 810000 or by email