The Forest of Dean Community Safety Partnership (CSP) Substance Action Group (SAG) is a multi-agency group who work with our local communities to reduce the harm caused by drugs and alcohol in the Forest of Dean.
Some examples of work undertaken in the Forest of Dean are below:
Alcohol Awareness week in schools and youth clubs – this involved a theatre production which looked at the implications of drug and alcohol misuse. A poster competition was also undertaken.
Leaflets – a number of information leaflets have been produced covering a range of subjects including who to contact if you are concerned about drug or alcohol misuse.
Alcohol Free Zones – set up in the four Forest towns to reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
Test purchase operations – undertaken by the Police and Trading Standards these regular operations are conducted to ensure on and off licence premises continue to comply with the law.
Don’t buy for under 18’s – campaign aimed at people who may be tempted to purchase alcohol for young people under 18.
Know the code – campaign about responsible drinking, started in the south west and undertaken across Gloucestershire.
Useful numbers and websites (click on the organisation name to access their website):
• Independence Trust - 0845 8638323. Support individuals, families and communities with concerns about mental health, alcohol or drugs.
• Supporting Futures Ltd – This is a private organisation which provides housing related support for people who have drug and alcohol problems.
• YST Substance Misuse Service – 01452 547540. Provides support and treatment for young people in Gloucestershire with alcohol and substance misuse problems.
• InfoBuzz – 01452 381770. Helping young people negotiate their transition to adulthood providing information on drugs and alcohol and by providing learning opportunities that focus on the development of personal and social skills.
• Alcoholics Anonymous – 01452 418515 (local helpline).
• Al-Anon information centre – 0141 339884.
• FRANK – 0300 123 6600.
• Narcotics Anonymous – 0300 999 1212.
• National Association for Children of Alcoholics - 0800 358 3456.
• Addiction Helper - click on this link to access their service
For more information with regards to healthy lifestyles and sensible drinking, please view our Health & Wellbeing pages.