The Forest & Gloucester Hate Crime & Incident Action Group is a joint group covering the Forest of Dean CSP area and the Gloucester Community Safety Partnership area (Gloucester Partnership known as Safer Gloucester.) Similar groups run across the county and they come together to form the Gloucestershire Hate Crime & Incidents Strategic Group.
The Gloucestershire Constabulary and Gloucestershire Hate Crime & Incident Strategic Group are committed to dealing with all incidents in a positive manner and have adopted the following categories by which to group and record incidents;
• Age (including Young and Old).
• Disability (including Mental Health).
• Gender (including Transgendered).
• Race (including Ethnicity).
• Religion or Belief.
• Sexual Orientation (including Lesbian, Gay and Bi-sexual).
• Any other group identity.
A Hate Crime is defined as;
‘Any Hate incident, (an incident perceived by the victim, or any other person, as being motivated by prejudice or hate’), which constitutes a criminal offence’.
Report all crimes and incidents to:
• Gloucestershire Police 101 (In an emergency 999)
• Gloucestershire Hate Crime ‘Report it’ Freephone 0800 077 8460
Being different is not a crime, victimisation is……..
Other useful numbers (click on the organisation name to access their website):
• Glosrec (Race Equality Council for Gloucestershire) – 01452 301290
• Citizens Advice Bureau – 0870 126 4010 (national number)
• Gloucester Law Centre – 01452 423492
• Gay Glos – 01452 306800
• Victim Support (South West) – 0845 456 6099
If you are under 18 and are being bullied, talk to someone you can trust such as a teacher, parent, older friend or relative or you can call ChildLine on 0800 1111 or visit their website www.childline.org.uk/pages/home.aspx