The Forest of Dean District Council is starting the production of the Lydney Area Action Plan. Area Action Plans (AAP) are planning policy documents, which form part of the statutory Local Development Framework.
The Lydney Area Action Plan aims to spark the delivery of significant economic regeneration within Lydney and to dramatically improve the physical connections between the town centre and the historic docks.
The Area Action Plan will set out the vision, objectives and policies for land within the Area Action Plan boundary. It will contain a strategy for how the planning system can deliver change to regenerate Lydney, having regard to the opportunities the town provides.
What happens next?
There are several steps in the preparation of an Area Action Plan:
- The first step is to prepare a baseline report. The baseline report is a factual document that identifies the issues affecting Lydney and highlights the local context. This report will provide a basis for further debate and for the development of policies. As new issues and information emerge during the process, the baseline report can be expanded and revised.
The Lydney Area Action Plan Draft Baseline Report was available for public consultation from 31st January until 13th March 2011 and can be viewed though the council’s consultation portal - http://fdean-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal
2. The next stage in the process is to carry out public consultations to identify the issues that concern the residents of Lydney and to gather ideas for the future development of Lydney. A number of consultation events took place during June and July 2011.
3. An issues and options paper will be based on these consultations and other evidence.
4. The issues and options paper will be the subject of a consultation.
5. Taking the responses of the consultation and other evidence into account, the council will develop a preferred options paper.
6. The preferred options report will be the subject of another consultation.
7. Following this consultation, the council will prepare a draft Area Action Plan.
8. The draft Area Action Plan will again be the subject of a consultation
9. The draft Area Action Plan and the results of the public consultation will be submitted to Planning Inspectorate, appointed by the government, for an independent examination. If the Area Action Plan is found to be satisfactory, the council will adopt the Area Action Plan
Issues and Options Report
Preferred Options Report
Draft Lydney Area Action Plan
If you have any queries about the Lydney Area Action Plan, please email the Forward Plans Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 01594 812325/ 01594 812335/ 01594 812326
If you wish to be added to our consultation database, please contact the Forward Plans Team. You will then receive notification of future public consultation events on planning policy by email or letter.
Details of the environmental assessment of the Area Action Plan, the baseline report, public consultations and the evidence base are available at the links below.