Licence - Cooling towers

Cooling tower notificationgives service providers and entrepreneurs from the EU and EEA the information and support they need to set up or do business in other EU or EEA markets

Licence Summary

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the district council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.  Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health & Safety Executive.

You must also notify the district council of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, in writing.

If the device ceases to be a notifiable device you must notify us, again in writing, as soon as possible.

Regulation Summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence


 Cooling Towers Register

Will Tacit Consent Apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.

Apply Online Apply online

Notify us of any cooling towers or evaporative condensers on your premises.

Tell us about a change to any existing cooling towers or evaporative condensers on your premises.

Apply by Post Apply by post

Cooling Towers Registration Form


Contact Us

Health and Safety Team
Council Offices
High Street
Gloucestershire GL16 8HG

Tel: 01594 812418
Fax: 01594 812590