Car parking management
The traffic management order has now been made to introduce car parking charges at 10 of the District Council’s car parks.
Copies of the order and the notice are available for inspection at all libraries in the district, the District Council’s reception area and are available to download at the bottom of this page.
The order came into effect on 1 July 2012 when charges will apply between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday (including bank holidays) in all car parks except Redbrook where charges will apply 8am to 6pm everyday.
Following on from the statutory consultation which took place between 26th January and 23rd February 2012, the proposed scheme was referred to Cabinet on 19th April 2012 for consideration together with the consultation responses received.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to give us feedback. A detailed summary of the representations made during the consultation period together with the Cabinet’s response is available below in the ‘downloads’ section.
Having considered all the representations made a decision has now been taken to implement the proposed scheme, with the following modifications to the original proposals:
- Reduce the parking charges for short stays, outlined in Schedule 3 of the proposed Order, as follows:
Up to one hour - £0.20
Up to two hours - £0.50
- Resident Permits will be made available to any person and therefore renamed ‘Overnight Permits’
- Season tickets are to be made available for periods of less than a year, as follows:
£40 per month
£100 per 3 months
£180 per 6 months
£312 Annual permit
- Annual Permits, Overnight Permits and all season tickets will be valid for use by the holder and not linked to a specific vehicle.
The council will work closely with Gloucestershire County Council to monitor the effect displacement parking has on neighbouring streets across the district so that the impact on residential areas can be addressed.
- Cinderford -
- Coleford -
- Newland Street
- Railway Drive
- Bank Street
- Lydney -
- Bream Road
- Newerne Street Overflow
- Newerne Street
- Mitcheldean High Street
- Newent Lewell Street (High Street)
- Redbrook Riverside
Payment can be made for tickets at the machine by cash or by mobile phone. For residents wishing to buy permits application forms are available from Apcoa by phoning 01452 521284 or emailing email@example.com. Permits can also be paid for monthly by direct debit through Apcoa.
- Up to one hour – 20p
- Up to two hours – 50p
- Up to three hours - £1.00
- Up to four hours - £1.20
- More than four hours - £2.00
- Weekly tickets (valid for seven days) - £10.00
- £40 per month
- £100 per 3 months
- £180 per 6 months
- £312 Annual Permit
- Overnight permits will be £50 a year and will enable the holder to park between 5pm and 9am
Please note that disabled parking is free at any time in any bay provided a valid blue badge is displayed.
Applying for Permits
Report to Cabinet 19th April 2012
Scrutiny of Management of Parking
FODDC (Off Street Parking Places) Order 2012
Statement of Reasons
Data usage statement
Forest of Dean District Council (Civil Enforcement Off Street Parking Places) Order 2008 (Information only)