Green box and blue bag recycling
Each household will require two green recycling boxes and a blue woven bag. These are provided to all households free of charge and are emptied weekly. All containers need to be out ready at the kerbside by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day.
Order recycling boxes
Order a blue recycling bag
Green recycling box 1
Use one box for your plastic bottles and tins/cans.
- Plastic bottles (including milk bottles, fizzy drink bottles, shampoo and conditioner). Please remove tops and triggers
- Tins and cans
- Metal biscuit/sweet tins
- Empty aerosols.
- Plastic pots, tubs, punnets and trays
- Cat food pouches
- Aluminium foil/containers
Green recycling box 2
Use a second box for your glass bottles/jars and textiles. Please bag your textiles first to keep them dry. Bags of textiles must be small enough to be placed inside the green box.
- Glass bottles and jars (remove lids, caps and corks)
- Clothing and paired shoes
- Hats, gloves, belts, scarves
- Broken glass
- Toughened glass (i.e. glass panes, Pyrex)
- Drinking glasses/tumblers
- Lightbulbs/fluorescent tubes
- Wet textiles
- Heavily soiled fabrics
- Pillows, duvets and cushions
- Rugs and carpets
Blue recycling bag
Use your blue recycling bag for paper and cardboard. Your blue bag is weighted and also has a flap to help keep items dry. Cardboard must be inside the bag in order for it to be collected.
- Newspapers and magazines
- Telephone directories and catalogues
- Paper and envelopes
- Junk mail and leaflets (remove polythene wrap)
- Brown corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
- Grey card (i.e. cereal boxes)
- White/coloured card
- Plain greetings cards (no foil, glitter, ribbons)
- Plain wrapping paper (remove tape)
- Cartons (i.e. Tetra Pak)
- Plastic film/wrappers/polystyrene
Request additional boxes or a bag
Small electrical and electronic appliances and household batteries
We also offer a fortnightly collection for small electrical and electronic appliances and household batteries. These items are collected in a separate compartment on the refuse vehicles.
Bag your items (using an old carrier or a bag of similar size or smaller) and place them on the lid of your black refuse bin ready on your scheduled collection day.
- Kitchen appliances (i.e. toasters, kettles, food blenders)
- Home appliances (i.e. irons, fans, radios, lamps, clocks, dvd players)
- Personal care/grooming appliances (i.e. shavers, electric toothbrushes, hair dryers/curlers)
- Hand-held power tools
- Mobile/digital phones
- Games consoles, tablets, e-readers
- Fairy lights, solar-powered lights
- Electrical cables/chargers
- Children’s electronic toys
- Household batteries (including AA, AAA, C, D, 9v, button batteries, mobile and laptop batteries)
- TVs and monitors
- Large appliances (i.e. vacuums, microwaves)
- Lightbulbs/fluorescent tubes
- Car/motorbike batteries
Large appliances can be taken to the local Household Recycling Centre or consider our:
If your recycling boxes or blue bag are not collected please call our team on 01594 810000. Please report missed collections to us by 12.00pm the following day (or Monday if your collection was due on the preceding Friday) and we will endeavour to return to your property and pick up the missed waste as soon as possible. In such circumstances, please leave your recycling out at the kerbside so that we are able to collect it.
In the event of adverse weather disrupting services please ring 01594 812666 (recorded message) or visit our website for up to date information about your collections.