We have a duty to investigate any vehicles reported as abandoned within our area.
A vehicle will only be removed if the Council is satisfied that the vehicle is abandoned. Factors which indicate that a vehicle is abandoned are;
- stationary for a significant amount of time
- significantly damaged or un-roadworthy
- burnt out
- containing waste
- lacking one or more of its number plates
Check if a vehicle is taxed - GOV.UK
Reporting an abandoned vehicle�
Report an abandoned vehicle
Please make sure you have the following information to enable us to action the report:
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Make of the vehicle
- Model of the vehicle
- Location (including the postcode if possible)
Please provide as many details as possible about the vehicle. Describe the location of the vehicle as clearly as possible, describe any local landmarks nearby, anything that you think will help us find the vehicle. We aim to inspect a vehicle within 48 hours of it being reported.