Social prescribing offers support to anyone experiencing social, emotional or practical issues who would like to explore the local, appropriate support available to them.
The team supports individuals with non-medical needs and can assist with issues such as:
- Mental health/emotional health and well-being
- Severe loneliness or isolation, lack of social network or peer support
- Misuse of drugs, alcohol or other harmful behaviours
- Housing, transport and/or other environment related issues
- Physical health, diet and exercise
- Caring duties and responsibilities
- Benefits, debt and other financial issues
- Employment support, finding work or volunteering
The team will work closely with you and review your progress.
Getting a referral for social prescribing
To work with the social prescribing team you must:
- Be referred by your GP or healthcare professional
- Be a patient within a Forest of Dean GP Surgery
- Be aged 18 or over
Working with the team
Once a referral is made the team will arrange to meet you at a local health centre and help to signpost you to the most appropriate and beneficial services or organisations for your needs.
For further information:
- Talk to your GP or healthcare professional
- Call the Social Prescribing Team on 01594 812447
- Email Community Engagement Team
If you have concerns that are serious or urgent in nature, there are people you can speak to for timely advice and support.
If you are a child or young person at risk, or if you are aware of a child or young person that might be at risk:
- Call 01452 426565
- Visit Gloucestershire County Council Report a Child at Risk
- Visit Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board
If you are an adult at risk, or if you are aware of an adult who may be at risk:
- Call 01452 426868
- Visit Gloucestershire County Council Adults Social Care Helpdesk