Community Wellbeing Service
Many things affect our health and wellbeing, such as where we live, how we spend our time, our financial situation and our relationships with friends and family.
Sometimes we need extra support, for example when coping with a short or long term health situation, or when life throws other challenges our way.
The Forest of Dean Community Wellbeing Team is part of a countywide service and may be able to offer support and advice to guide you during these times. The service is available to anyone over the age of 16 years.
First of all, a named member of the team will have a conversation with you about what matters to you, where your interests lie, what your strengths are and what would help meet the challenges you face. This may lead to some one-to-one support, connection with others in your community or an introduction to a group or organisation.
Who can it help?
It can be helpful:
- in times of change, for example after redundancy, health issues or retirement
- in time of emotional hardship, such as after bereavement
- if you are worried about debt or financial issues
- if you don't know where to turn for support
- if you would like to volunteer in your community
We have a dedicated team, each covering a specific geographical area of the Forest of Dean district.
The have a good local knowledge and understanding of community and voluntary sector support.
The Community Wellbeing Service is part of our Community Engagement Team and benefits from its wealth of community-based connections throughout the Forest of Dean district and beyond.
How can people access the service?
We can take direct referrals from health professionals, including GP surgeries and the Integrated Community Teams.
We are able to offer one to one appointments at our GP surgeries in the district as well as community venues.
You can also contact us directly if you prefer. If you think the Forest of Dean Community Wellbeing Service might be able to help you and you would like to talk to someone in confidence please:
- call 01594 812447 or 01594 812399
- switchboard number 01594 810000
- email Community Wellbeing Service
If you have concerns that are serious or urgent in nature, there are people you can speak to for timely advice and support.
If you are a child or young person at risk, or if you are aware of a child or young person that might be at risk:
- Call 01452 426565
- Visit Gloucestershire County Council Report a Child at Risk
- Visit Gloucestershire Safeguarding Children Board
If you are an adult at risk, or if you are aware of an adult who may be at risk:
- Call 01452 426868
- Visit Gloucestershire County Council Adults Social Care Helpdesk