Terms, conditions and privacy
This notice only covers this website; it does not cover any linked websites.
Forest of Dean District Council is registered as a 'data controller' under the Data Protection Act 1998 as we collect and process personal information about you.
We process and hold information in order to provide public services. For more information:
- please download our Privacy notice which explains in detail how we use and share your information.
Collecting your personal information
We need to collect information about you so we can:
- deliver public services
- confirm your identity to provide some services
- contact you by post, email or telephone
- understand your needs to provide the services that you request
- understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- obtain your opinion about services
- update your customer record
- help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services to you and what services the people of the Forest of Dean need
- prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- make sure we meet our statutory obligations including those related to diversity and equalities.
Using and sharing your information
We will use the information you provide in a way that meets the Data Protection Act 1998, as outlined on:
We will try to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some cases the law sets the length of time information has to be kept.
For information about he cookies being used on this site please see:
- the Cookies policy
Forest of Dean District Council is committed to the highest standards of information quality. Despite our best efforts, the information on the website may become out of date. If you think that there are any errors or out of date information please:
Thank you for your help.
Using information on the site
All information on this site is provided by Forest of Dean District Council in good faith based on the best information available to the Council at the time it is published. Although every effort is made to keep information up to date please contact the relevant department of the Council to check the information where this is important to you. Forest of Dean District Council accepts no responsibility for any loss which results from reliance on the contents of the site.
Intellectual property rights
Forest of Dean District Council owns the copyright and all other intellectual property rights associated with the content of this website except where otherwise stated. You are welcome to print individual pages or store them in electronic form on a PC for your own personal use. You may not reproduce, modify, broadcast, use for financial gain, or use for anything other than personal use any material on this site unless you get permission from the copyright holders or owners concerned.
Ordnance Survey mapping - terms and conditions
The Ordnance Survey mapping included within this website is provided by Forest of Dean District Council under licence from the Ordnance Survey in order to fulfil its public function to make available Council held public domain information. ©Crown copyright and database rights 2016 Ordnance Survey 100019102.
Use of mapping data on the website is subject to the following Ordnance Survey terms and conditions:
- You are granted a non-exclusive, royalty free, revocable licence solely to view the Licensed Data for non-commercial purposes for the period during which Forest of Dean District Council makes it available;
- You are not permitted to copy, sub-license, distribute, sell or otherwise make available the Licensed Data to third parties in any form; and
- Third party rights to enforce the terms of this licence shall be reserved to Ordnance Survey.
If you have viewed the mapping and would like to advice on licensing Ordnance Survey mapping/map data for your own use, please:
- Contact the Ordnance Survey
Using the website for consultation
Any views, information, questions or feedback given by you or any other viewer as to the content of this website will be considered not to be confidential and may be disclosed, reproduced and used by Forest of Dean District Council to develop its services.
The Council reserves the right to remove any comments and/or contributions that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate. If you wish to post comments on the Council's website, your comments must:
- Be civil;
- Not be unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated or racially offensive;
- Not be content that has been copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright;
- Not be the same message, or very similar messages, posted more than once (also called 'spamming');
- Not be yours or anyone else's personal information such as contact details;
- Not be an advertisement of products and/or services; and
- Not impersonate someone else.
Using email addresses provided
If you provide your email address to Forest of Dean District Council we may use it to contact you from time to time and to conduct surveys and collect feedback on our services.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer's hard disk through your web browser. For further information on the cookies we use on this site please see:
- our cookies webpage
Links to other websites
This site links to other websites to help you find other relevant information. Forest of Dean District Council does not approve or endorse the contents of any third party websites to which these pages are linked and does not accept any liability for action you may take as a result of relying on information or advice obtained from such sites. For more information please see:
Suppliers/businesses named on the site
Where Forest of Dean District Council provides details of companies, firms or individuals the description of the goods or services they provide is based upon information supplied by them. Forest of Dean District Council cannot confirm that they are legally entitled or professionally qualified to carry on a particular trade, business or profession and bear no liability for merely supplying their details. You should check any information obtained from the website before you act upon it....