Shared working - Publica Group
Forest of Dean District Council employees transferred to Publica Group, a newly created public sector company, in November 2017.
Other councils involved in the partnership are:
- Cheltenham Borough Council
- Cotswold District Council
- West Oxfordshire District Council
Why these changes have been made
Creating one employer for all four councils will:
- Reduce the cost of management and administration
- Deliver a better, more cost-effective service to communities
- Allow us to offer new staff an employment package that is both more flexible for them and sustainable for the council
- Provide the opportunity to share workloads, learn from each other and benefit from shared expertise, resources and knowledge
This partnership will bring cost savings of £5.6m a year by 2020 and £41m over 10 years.
What this means for residents and local businesses
Residents and businesses will continue to deal with the Council as they always have because services will be unaffected.
Each council will retain its independence, identity and responsibility for the services it provides and will:
- Still have its own elected councillors
- Continue to make policy, strategies and decisions taking account of the needs of the local community
- Have staff working in the same locations
- Retain the same contact details and branding.
For more information see: www.publicagroup.uk
2020 Partnership Joint Committee meeting agendas and minutes
The minutes of the 2020 Partnership Joint Committee meetings are available on the Forest of Dean meeting system: