Falls prevention scheme
The falls prevention exercise referral scheme is designed for those who are over 60, who have had a fall or are concerned about their balance.
Run by the Forest of Dean District Council and supported by:
Exercise for falls prevention
Following a referral from your GP, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist, the scheme promotes balance and confidence while helping to:
- Prevent falls and improve stamina
- Increase strength, mobility and flexibility
- Lower the risk of osteoporosis
- Improve blood pressure and cholesterol
All activities in the programme are supervised by a qualified fitness professional.
Getting a referral
For all class times and locations:
If you feel you could benefit from falls prevention:
- Talk to your GP, Nurse or Physiotherapist
- Call 01594 812617
- Email Community Engagement Team