Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA)
SHELAA 2020 call for sites
The 2020 call for sites is now OPEN.
Council is inviting submissions from organisations and the general public to identify land which may be suitable for accommodating housing development in the future, in their annual call for sites.
This year, we are also interested in land which may be suitable for employment areas, or a combination of both employment and housing.
Sites must be submitted by Sunday 29 March 2020 to be considered in the 2020 SHELAA assessment. Whilst we are still able to accept submissions after the deadline on a rolling basis, these will be assessed as part of 2021 SHLAA round, which will occur early next year.
The SHELAA considers the development potential of a range of different sites across the District for housing and employment. The SHELAA 2020 will build on previous assessments of land availability in the Forest of Dean district, including the most recent Strategic Housing Land Availability (SHLAA) Assessment report, which was published in 2019.
Whilst we are still able to accept submissions after the deadline on a rolling basis, these will be assessed as part of the 2021 SHELAA round, which will occur early next year. All the sites which have been included in previous year's SHLAA to date are available to view online here.
Let us know about possible sites for future developments
If you would still like to submit a site to us for consideration, please:
- fill in the site submission form which needs to be accompanied by the following basic information:
- a map showing the site boundary at a scale of 1:1250;
- any information relating to land ownership with contact details i.e. telephone number and email;
- any details that you think may be relevant to the assessment of the site.
Although the assessment will form an important evidence source, the Council stresses that the assessment does NOT determine whether a site should be allocated for housing development in the future. Currently the Forest of Dean has an adequate supply of land for housing, so any sites that come forward may be considered on a long-term basis and retained within the Council's database.
For information about the proposed methodology for the SHLAA please download the following:
For more information, please:
- phone 01594 812343
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Land availability assessments
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment reports from 2008 to 2019 are available through the links below. The reports below remain relevant, however the appendices within the reports no longer link to the associated maps. Click here to access these maps.
- 2019 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment report
- 2018 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) report
- Report for submissions for 2017
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2014
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2015
- Large Unallocated Sites with Planning Permission
- Allocated Sites Within The Allocations Plan Submitted Draft 2015
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012-2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2011
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2010
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2009
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2008