Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA)
SHLAA 2019 report
The 2019 call for sites is now CLOSED, and a list of site's which were this year is available to view in Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA) report 2019.
The SHLAA report considers the development potential of a range of different sites across the District for housing development. This will include sites that are already known to the Council, additional sites that are submitted to the Council and sites identified by the Council itself. The SHLAA 2019 builds on previous assessments of land availability in the Forest of Dean district, including the most recent assessment published in 2018.
Whilst we are still able to accept submissions after the deadline on a rolling basis, these will be assessed as part of 2020 SHLAA round, which will occur early next year. All the sites which have been included in the SHLAA to date are available to view online through the following link:
If you would still like to submit a site to us for consideration, please fill in the Site submission form which needs to be accompanied by the following basic information:
- a map showing the site boundary at a scale of 1:1250;
- any information relating to land ownership with contact details i.e. telephone number and email;
- any details that you think may be relevant to the assessment of the site.
Although the assessment will form an important evidence source, the Council stresses that the assessment does NOT determine whether a site should be allocated for housing development in the future. Currently the Forest of Dean has an adequate supply of land for housing, so any sites that come forward may be considered on a long-term basis and retained within the Council's database.
For information about the proposed methodology for the SHLAA please download the following:
For more information, please:
- phone 01594 812335
- email us
Land availability assessments
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment reports from 2008 to 2017 are available through the links below. The reports below remain relevant, however the appendices within the reports no longer link to the associated maps. Click here to access these maps.
- 2018 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) report
- Report for submissions for 2017
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2014
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2015
- Large Unallocated Sites with Planning Permission
- Allocated Sites Within The Allocations Plan Submitted Draft 2015
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012-2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2011
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2010
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2009
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2008