Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA)
Call for possible development sites - SHLAA 2019
A key part of the new SHLAA process is a call for potential development sites. We are now asking for potential sites now and will accept submission until the deadline of Sunday 31 March 2019.
Whilst we are still able to accept submissions after the deadline on a rolling basis, these will be assessed as part of future SHLAA updates, not the 2019 assessment if submitted after this date. To view the sites please:
We are interested in sites that may be suitable for housing and for travelling communities.
If you would like to submit a site to us for consideration, please fill in the 2019 Site submission form which needs to be accompanied by the following basic information:
- a map showing the site boundary at a scale of 1:1250;
- any information relating to land ownership with contact details i.e. telephone number and email;
- any details that you think may be relevant to the assessment of the site.
Although the assessment will form an important evidence source, the Council stresses that the assessment does NOT determine whether a site should be allocated for housing development in the future. Currently the Forest of Dean has an adequate supply of land for housing, so any sites that come forward may be considered on a long-term basis and retained within the Council's database.
For more information, please:
- phone Sarah on 01594 812335 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 SHLAA report
The SHLAA report considers the development potential of a range of different sites across the District for housing development. This will include sites that are already known to the Council, additional sites that are submitted to the Council and sites identified by the Council itself. The SHLAA 2018 builds on previous assessments of land availability in the Forest of Dean including the most recent assessment published in 2017. Please view the:
For information about the proposed methodology for the SHLAA please download the following:
Land availability assessments
The Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment reports from 2008 to 2017 are available here:
- Report for submissions for 2017
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2014
- Submissions FoD SHLAA 2015
- Large Unallocated Sites with Planning Permission
- Allocated Sites Within The Allocations Plan Submitted Draft 2015
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2012-2013
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2011
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2010
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2009
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Report 2008
The reports below remain relevant, however the appendices within the reports no longer link to the associated maps. Please view: