Skip to main content

Coronavirus (COVID-19) For information on changes to our services, how to get help, support your community, advice and grants for employers and businesses visit our Coronavirus pages.

  1. Home
  2. Business and licensing
  3. Apply or renew business licences and permits
  4. Alcohol and entertainment
  5. Club premises certificate
  6. Club premises certificate for new applications

Club premises certificate for new applications

You apply for a club premises certificate for any premises which are occupied and used regularly for club purposes to allow the:

  • supply/ sale of alcohol and
  • regulated entertainment for members and guests.

How to apply

Before applying, read the guidance notes for details of how to apply, the eligibility criteria, fees and the documentation you will need to provide. This information can be found in the new club premises certificate guidance notes.

Apply for a new club premises certificate Fill in a club premises declaration

What happens next

The application should be advertised for a period of 28 days at the premises and a copy should also be advertised in the public notices section of the local newspaper.

After the 28 day consultation period has expired, if no representations have been received from responsible authorities or interested parties, then the certificate is granted as applied for. We will issue the certificate shortly after.

If we receive a representation from a responsible authority or interested party then the application may need to be considered by the licensing sub committee. A hearing will be arranged within 20 working days after the end of the representation period.

Mandatory conditions for club premises certificate licensed for the sale by retail of alcohol

If a club premises certificate, which includes retail sale of alcohol, has been issued, then there will be mandatory conditions which the licence holder must adhere to.

Failure to comply with any conditions attached to a premises licence may result in an unlimited fine and or six months imprisonment.