Current and future elections
Voters are now required to show photographic ID in the polling stations, further information can be found at www.fdean.gov.uk/voterid
Longhope Parish Council
A by-election has been called to fill two vacant seats on Longhope Parish Council. The following notices have been published by the Returning Officer:
Elections 2 May 2024
Police and Crime Commissioner for Gloucestershire police area
Jon McGinty is the Police Area Returning Officer for the Police and Crime Commissioner election in Gloucestershire. For more information on how to stand as a candidate and any other information about this election please see Gloucester City Council's website: https://www.gloucester.gov.uk/about-the-council/elections-and-voting/elections-2024/police-and-crime-commissioner-election-2024/
Visit our types of election pages for information on how each type of election works.
How to vote
- Voter ID - All residents voting in person will be required to show an acceptable form of ID to be able to vote. Find out more here: Voter ID – what you need to do
- Register to vote - If you are not already registered or you have recently moved house, register now. Please go to gov.uk/registertovote (you will need your National Insurance Number)
- Apply for a Postal vote - You can apply online https://www.gov.uk/apply-postal-vote
- Apply for a Voter Authority Certificate - You can apply online: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate
- Apply for a Proxy vote (someone to vote on your behalf) - You can apply online for some types of proxy voting: https://www.gov.uk/apply-proxy-vote. For more information about different types of proxy applications please go to https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter/how-vote-proxy
Alternatively to request a paper application email [email protected] or call 01594 812638.