Cinderford Future High Street Fund
Update January 2021: Cinderford Town Council were not successful in this funding competition. All partners will continue to work to secure funding for Cinderford’s Economic Development.
Suggested ways to improve Cinderford Town Centre are being shared as part of the Town Council’s bid to the Government's Future High Streets fund.
The town has been shortlisted as one of fifty making the case for investment over the next five years. Economic development is a priority in our corporate plan, so it is an opportunity to help shape the final submission to Government in July.
- transforming the former HSBC bank into a local business hub
- safeguarding the Methodist Church’s future
- bringing in new community activities
- addressing traffic within the High Street
- creating functional social space for markets and events
Cinderford Town Council and Forest of Dean District Council worked together to submit an Expression of Interest to the Future High Streets Fund. The Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government has now confirmed it will contribute towards the costs of preparing a Business Case. The project development money will be used to draw up viable project plans for a number of transformative Town Centre schemes which could include:
- pedestrianising part of the town’s triangle to increase public open space
- repurposing some of Cinderford’s town centre land and property for new commercial and community uses
- improving Car Parking
The Business Case was submitted to the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Information on the 2020 consultation can be found here: https://www.cinderfordtowncouncil.gov.uk/2020/05/fhsf-community-consultation/