Council Tax payments
Your yearly Council Tax charge is normally payable in 10 monthly instalments due on the fifteenth of the month, although in some circumstances it is possible to spread over 12 months.. There are a number of different ways to pay your Council Tax with direct debit being the most efficient.
Pay by direct debit
Paying by direct debit gives a range of payment dates to choose from
- print and return the direct debit instruction to the address on the form
- call 01594 812532
Pay Council tax online
You will need your account number to use this service which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.
Pay by telephone
Pay by phone using our 24 hour automated service:
- Call 01594 810000
- You will need your account number to use this service which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.
Pay using cash at a post office or PayPoint Outlet
- You can pay your Council Tax at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet.
- Take a council tax document that displays your personal barcode, for example a bill or reminder notice.
- Please note: if you pay by this method your payment will take a number of days to reach your account.
- For more information about PayPoint or to find your nearest outlet please visit the PayPoint website
Pay by BACS payments
You can set up a standing order or make payments via BACS using our bank details:
- Account Name: Forest of Dean District Council Current Account
- Account Number: 00833506
- Sort Code: 30-91-87
Please make sure that your Council Tax payments are received by the due date to avoid getting a reminder. A maximum of 2 reminders are sent in any one year after which the instalment facility is cancelled and you will have to pay the year's Council Tax charge.
Payment by cheque
Cheques should be made payable to 'Forest of Dean District Council' and sent to:
- Forest of Dean District Council, Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG
Please remember to write your:
- Council Tax account reference (as shown on your council tax bill)
on the reverse of the cheque.
Non payment of Council Tax
If you don't pay your charge we are required by law to follow statutory procedures to recover the debt.
If you are having trouble paying please contact us immediately and we may be able to come to a payment arrangement that you can afford.